Friday, March 11, 2011

My dad is always mad at me. What should i do?

My dad is always mad at me. But I want him to like me so bad, my parents are divorced so he is really the only family I have. But it's like I can't please him. If I ever leave a light on in a room I'm not in he will yell at me and say I'm costing him so much on the electricity bill. He keeps our house only 40 degrees bc he says he doesnt want to waste money on heat. And he gets mad and yells I'm lazy bc I spend all day lying in bed under my blankets, but like what else am i supposed to do its too cold for me to get out of bed. Then when I complain about how cold I am in his house he tells me its winter and hes not cold so i should shut up and deal with it. I left to my grandma's house for 3 days so I could get out of the cold and she could take me shopping and I told him in advance I was going there. But then he called me up yelling and furious saying I'm ungrateful and I've betrayed him by leaving his house and saying he sees how it is with me and I've just been using him as a paycheck bc he is helping pay for my college although not that much I have loans and my grandma pays some too. Although he's never really paid for anything else. I never got any birthday presents from him or clothing ever growing up although I buy him birthday presents. But the thing is I still have to live with him at least on breaks from college and I can't live with my grandma bc she has a heart condition and cannot handle me full time. I asked my dad if I could get a job at ocean city (thats a beach place where they hire people over the summer for jobs and give them housing so they can stay there all summer) i was hoping to get away from him for the break, but he shot it down said i need to stop acting spoiled and ungrateful to him and if i expect for him to continue to pay for my college then i am never to leave his house again when not in school. but i hate living with him so much even in summer when its not freezing he yells at me practically every day but i dont want to get cut off and have to drop out of school. Any advice on what i should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment